Apparentyly the idea is, if you can run under the sign twice, then they will give you one of these.
What the heck, let's give it a go. So I headed out loosley following the 5.0 baloon toters. Feeling pretty good around zink and down riverside. Actually passed the 5 hour pace group. Legs are strong hey I might even catch up with the 4:45 pace group. Maintained about an 11:00 minute pace south and around the jenks loop. Then it all fell apart. Complaints in the feet and legs didn't come and go, they just came and stayed. Headed north on riverside and the conclusion came to me that I can't do an 11:00 pace marathon. So I plugged on with pain mounting. I almost made it to the hills when the 5.0 pace group gave me my comupance. I put on a brave face and ran up every single hill saving the walking for the down sides. From then to the finish was done in the slowest running gear I got. I didn't make my 5.0 goal but I'm happy with a 5:18.
Please note that in the below picture we are all still in possesion of the free beer tickets because the beer wagon had already left. Fine by me anyway, I got a better beer to go with my wings anyhow. So take that marathon producers
Marathoners, we so rock!
4 comments:
5:18!!! I would be happy with a 5:18. You had a stupendous success.
When it goes it goes and there ain't nuttin you can do about it 'cept keep on truckin. You finished in low gear. I think my transmission totally went out. Now I need an overhaul. We did great buddy. Let's keep it going.
How was that plane ride?
Fantastic job, Ed!! Very proud of you and your time. Beer wagon ran out before I got to it. Next race,I am BYOB'g.
They were gone when I got there too. I think we should all mail the race director our vouchers and see if we can't hold a party at RW next week. Maybe not. You were awesome. What's next for you?
Mail in out beer vouchers for our beers. I think we should do that. We would probably get at least a keg out of the deal.
Post a Comment