Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Midweek Musing

Well after that Route 66 marathon performance, guess I'm gonna have to run another one. Haven't figured out which one just yet, but I'll get around to that. Problem is training. I've been managing to get in runs now and then when out of town for work. Pretty proud of that, but the problem is when I'm home. I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but it's cold outside. I don't like the cold. I really don't like the cold, especially after dark when ya through some wind in. Ice on the truck, forget about it I'm headin back inside! Haven't figured out just exactly what to do about this yet, but its gotta get done. Might have to quit work so I can run about noon when it's warmest

3 comments:

meg said...

Good! I'm not the only one who feels that way about the cold!! It's gotta warm up!

Bobby said...

Been wondering about buddy. I hate the cold also. Bundle up and come on out. Saturday is supposed to be pretty descent and I think tonight (Thursday) isn't supposed to be that bad either.

The Oklahoma City Memorial marathon would be a great marathon for you to train for. We start training for it this Saturday.

BOCA said...

My philosophy is I show up when it's awful outside for 2 reasons...1) misery loves company so you might as well be out running in the cold with others and all complain together...and 2) so the next day I can show how "tough" I am by commenting how icky it was out when I was out for "a jog"...maybe you could come up with a strategy like that....