Sunday, October 12, 2008

...that hurt.

Well we had to do 20 the hard way. Without Coach Kathy. But even though we missed her, and TZ, Brian etc. We still had the reassuring presence of darkness, and clocks that said five friggin forty five. It felt like they were there with all the encouragement we got along the way.
















Well we started out on the east trail headin south for the pedestrian. The bathroom there is frequently used as the globo gymers head quarters and feed lot. And much to my chagrin, they are already here. I have to wonder if they found my blog and felt challenged. This is the first time I have seen their kind out of bed this early. I mean come on, there are "adult entertainers" that get out of bed before them. Well this is actually a blessing. I had been wanting a picture of their main watering trough, here is my chance. To my dismay people kept walking in front of my camera. Though that does explain a phone call I recieved later Saturday afternoon. It was from an editor at a publishing house, Stan Fleishman, I believe. Turns out my photos caused a lot of problems in New York. One million books, currently in transit to distribution centers had been recalled. Everyone of them has to be reprinted. It seems the book was Merriam Websters Collegiate Edition Dictionary. They now have to include the below photograph in the definition of "pretentious"


I don't think it's a toy. I'm pretty sure that is a real bull horn. If I'd noticed it at the time I woulda stuck around to see what she had to say! Probably used for trouble makers who don't keep up with their pace group.








So with globogymers behind we head south on the west side. I dunno where the 1/2 marathoners went. One second they're there the next they're gone. One nice thing about the dark, you don't see how far it is to where you're going. The miles are going down pretty good. Me and Bobby occasionally get chatted up by some hotties. It's a curse. Somewhere shy of I44 we see Team Bean in front of us a ways. By the smell I'm guessing some of the Bean ladies were feeling a bit gassy. Bobby said something about a treatment something or other plant but I'm not buying it. Before they left our fealess leader did heed a request for hill in the long run. I like the turkey mountain hill. Gives ya something to do during your run. I know they were having a duathalon on turkey mountain, butI never did figure out what they were setting up for at 96th street. Back down the east trail with a jog over to runners world and my mouth is watering smelling all the restaurants up Peoria. Running heightens the smell apparently, even smelling starbucks from half a block away was making me and Bobby's stomachs growl. Back up the finished portion of the trail and we're golden. Gotta say though. I went and bought a Tulsa world. While 20 miles might be perfectly doable to me, stairs the day after are not doable! Time to start shopping for a new place to live. Not to mention that I have actually gone to bed 9 times since I finished 20. I don't know if I am ashamed or proud of that.

Outta town till Friday, See ya on Saturday.

Miles for the day 20
for the week 33

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Awesome running (and some walking) Ed. Thanks for hanging with me. Having a partner makes the run much more enjoyable. Hope I didn't slow you down too much. I do not know how stairs would have felt on Sunday. I avoided them. However, Susan and I rode our bikes for 9 miles. That seemed to help loosen the legs.

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

I am sure that it was the treatment plant and not the team beaner ladies.
You did so great. I wanted to stick around to watch you guys come in, cuz I know you werent far behind me, but I had to hi-tail it to mcdonalds for the free bathrooms. I love the blog. My husband is quite a fan too.

Susan Michaels said...

I think the Dynamic Duo did awesome. WE wanted to call you Sunday to see if you wanted to meet us at the park in Broken Arrow but remembered we didn't have your #

Ethiopian Elites said...

Smelled okay to me when we passed. Must have been that kidney bean chick. I mean, she does admit to having to hi-tail it to the bathroom.

Good going on your run.