Tuesday, October 21, 2008

From L.A. to New York City

Sure I was raised in town, as far as Claremore can be refered to as "in town". Professional family, even had some proper schoolin and what not. But don't let that misguide you. I consider myself quite the accomplished redneck. When I had a house (grumble grumble), I had no less than 4 rolls of duct tape at all times and one of them was kept in the master bath. I save my bacon grease in a coffee can or a glass jar. I know you folks from California save yours too, but that's just cause we told ya to, and ya want to fit in. Me on the other hand, I know what it's for. I could name three reasons but it's more fun to watch you yankees try and figure it out. Yet even with all my hailin from the Arkansas side of Tulsa, apparently I am an amatuer. I have been to a place that superficially looks normal. They have Targets, Barnes and Nobels, even Express Men. All of that morderization however hides a level of backackwardness belied only by the super modern airport with one lousy gate(really just a door). Dothan Alabama, gateway to Enterprise Alabama. Redneck beyond all recognition. Think Tulsa State fair all the time. So backwards, they worship bugs. Oh but Eddie, you can't be serious. I kid you not...



Apparently the price of cotton was low. The bowl weavil destroyed the crops and they were forced to plant something else. Happened to be peanuts. Yep peanuts save the day. Seriously. Now lower Alabama is famous for being the peanut capital of the world or some such thing.









By the way that thing that looks like a scarab beetle on top is apparently what a bolt weival looks like.





I just found the hotel, and consequently how to spell bole wevil, and will be staying here on my next trip, just so I can put the name on my expense report.














I did manage to get in a six mile run during my stay.

3 comments:

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

Dude, that is so funny. Backward...but funny. I wonder what kinda other crazy things you could find to put on your expense report? I think you should be on a mission. That would make all the travel worthwhile. When you coming back man?

Bobby said...

Sure enjoy your weird way with words. Got something to do with that Arkansas side of Tulsa livin I guess.

You gonna make it for the Tulsa run Saturday?

Susan Michaels said...

Hey I know what that bacon grease is good for. put it in a good pot of beans and also for making good ole stick to your bones gravy. If you haven't noticed in Minnesota they don't know how to make the good gravy like us.