Friday, October 10, 2008

Like slippers on a Corgi

Lovin the fall type a thing. Weather making anyone but me feel pretty spry? Went out Thursday night for a long 6. Did the first two with the kid sister. When she peeled off for four I noticed the runners ahead of me were spread out at perfectly tantalizing distances. So I kicked it up and caught up with one group. A little gas left I'll go another group. Feeling good Billie Ray, maybe even one more group and I should be able to slow down to a sane pace. Caught Ken and Roman heading into the bears, didn't get to slow down. You ain't never seen two people who look so much like they are plodding along (actually was plodding for them) till ya keep up with them and realize that suprise you're in over your head. If it had been another hundred yards to the QT stoplight I wouldn't have made it. Serves me right though, I went to easy outta town and I got two more trips in the next two weeks. So I guess a boy has got to get while the gettins good.

But on a more important note, Who's ready for 20! I'm thinking we should all get together Sunday and have napping and whinning contests, cuz I plan on being in rare form!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Somehow I missed this post.

Saturday after the run I tried resting but was too restless so I gave up on that idea.

Sunday I couldn't rest, but whinning, that is another subject.
Susan keeps reminding me that I "chose" to train for a marathon.