Friday, October 24, 2008

Needing a Hat

Busting some hump in Minneapolis here, but I'm working in a small bit of running.
I'm still liking this town. I need a run. I hop in the car, leave the hotel parking lot, turn into the first drive that doesn't look like a business, and sure enough there is parking and trail access. Turns out I didn't need to get in the car. The trail turns sidewalk and heads the 2.5 blocks back to the hotel. The trail heads down into the Minnesota river valley right south of the Fort Snelling National Park. The map seems to indicate it runs for miles. It's a semi raw trail. Nature hiking kinda thing.

I guess it would qualify as scenic. Whaddya think? The valley floor is wetlands type of stuff which provided one of my new favorite things. Runnin round sized lakes!












A big one and a small one. This being the big one.
Now it was georgeous out, but I didn't bring any gear besides a long sleeve shirt. So one does have to pay attention to the sun. Temps start in the upper 40's but started falling quick.








Apparently migrating geese can cover the distance from here to Tulsa in a day or two but will actually show up in something more like a month. Guess they need a little pace work.










Couse if you run up the hill back to the parking lot quietly, you can catch sight of butterball, jennie-0, and the gang. Gettin a bit hungry here.















Guess it's time to go get on a plane if I don't want to waste my TulsaRun Entry Fee. Whose pumped. I can't wait myself.

Miles for this trip 9
Number of Minnesota lakes 2
Lifetime 5. Seriously is anyone else gonna pick up some of these.

2 comments:

Cassy Russell said...

I'm pumped, Ed!! I thought today would never get here. I can hardly wait to go pick up the packet. I just want to shout, "Woo-hoo, I'm runnin' the Tulsa Run tomorrow!!!!"

Bobby said...

Ya bringin back one of them there birds for dinner?

See you at 3rd and Boulder at 8:30 in the morning.