Monday, August 25, 2008

Little less talk and lot more action baby!

Oooh Aaaah, Minneapolis has an R.E.I. Store. Big fun. Heck for that matter they have a Dick's as well which I also stopped by. Alas without buying a second suitcase and getting charged money to check it on the plane, I was forced into a situation I usually try to avoid, controling myself. I held myself to a tri jammer I found on the clearance rack. Yeah, ya like that officius sport type lingo there, "tri jammer"? It seems to be the 5 dollar method of saying "$40 spandex shorts you're still too fat to wear." They look pretty fast though.

Funfact: Minneapolis St Paul residents are never more than 6 blocks from a park.
They also have a trail system connecting a large percentage of their parks. Right next door to a highrise is the Hyland Lake Park Reserve. Gotta say it was a righteous spot to run. Don't let the map fool ya there are trails around the lakes outside the green area.

They have all sorts of trails. Bikeways, Dog trails, Finished pedestrian, and even unfinished hiking trails. I'm sure this unfinished trail would be a little tame by Trail Zombie and Tatur Dave standards but for myself I though it hit the spot about as well as most pieces of pie I have ever come across. Eddie fun fact: He likes pie!

This is hyland lake, the unfinished trail went all the way around the banks. I had seen the ski jump atop that hill several times from afar, and hadn't figured out what it was. From the side view I thought it was a coal conveyor scafolding from a torn down mining operation. (Sometimes being from the Arkansas side of Tulsa taints your thinking.) Closer inspection made me realize both my error and that there's no way I'd have the nutz to go down that thing! Looks a bit more sinister when they're not covered in snow.


If I woulda stayed a little longer I coulda seen the town really turn into a madhouse

On a more public advisory sort of front, Elvis is alive, well, and living in Concourse C of the Detroit Airport.


Mileage for the day 6
For the week: 19 (light but I'm happy being as I'm outta town)
Minnesota lakes for the day: 1
for the week: 3
Seriously, someone is probably gonna have to divvy up the other 9,997 with me.

3 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

Those trails, especially the unfinished one, look nice! Hope to see ya soon.

Bobby said...

Ed, when you coming home? You missed some pretty good hills Saturday. If you are back, get ready for 14 miles this Saturday.

T Z said...

Finish off that beer, put that slab of cheese down, and get yourself back home!!