That's right, runs off the lighter in your car. Which on Sunday I found is great for airing up before you head out on the trail. But when you get a flat in the rain, (And let's pause for some props to the man cuz that was some hittin' the spot rain) what you need is a dry place to change it and a hand pump or co2 cartridge. (81st and 169 by the way)
Now about cycling (yeah I know ya'll thought I was one dimensional but I have layers). Coach Cathy is pro crosstraining. She even assigns cross training type activity on the marathon homework sheet. So why is it that when I passed her on the trail Sunday and she saw me on a bike riding instead of running, I got the exact same feeling as in college when I realized my girl had been watching me get real charmin with a certain pi phi with freckles. One of those where ya start to try and step away even as ya realize she's been watching for way to long to even try plausible deniability. Yeah you been there, her tappin her foot. I can't believe, I mean I felt like it was 2:30 in the morning and I had peach aroma glitter on my nose. (let it sink in a minute it'll come to ya) Anyway whaddya gonna do?
Bike: 30 miles for the day.
So I missed Bobby's Monday CWTAWE run. Not happy bout that. Wasting a nice cool day is something I'll regret in the next couple weeks.
Second chance Tuesday however, gives us the opportunity to run and reflect on life. I mean as revolting a predicament as it is, we've all been here before:
Poor guy, to add insult to injury they even left little tufts on his paws. Makes ya realize some days you're the shoe, some days you're the blister. It was a warm trip south, but not that bad. Got through 4+ miles, feeling good, feeling strong, and as usually follows such things, feeling pretty stoopid. They must have gone out alot farther cuz about the 4 mile mark is when two gusts of wind named Andy and Dustin blew by me. Now occasionally there are these little niggly bits inside my head that cause problems kinda like a CD skipping. So the next thing I know I'm out trying to figure out just how fast they're running. I'm not sure I ever got up to their pace. But I slowed the increase in distance considerably. I was stretchin it out. I was runnin with the Big Dogs. I was realizing I'm thirty some odd bloody years old, it wouldn't be unheard of for me to drop dead right here. Anyway the measurement I reckon is about .25 miles. That's how far it take to turn stoopid back to sane. I'm an engineer, you can trust my math, distance vs sanity is a directly proportional relationship.
Mileage: 5 miles for the day
2 comments:
Glad you didn't stay stoopid too long and kill over dead. Kudos for trying to keep up with those speedsters though.
Oh come on, Ed. That's no bike pump. That's your bong from those 2:30 party peach glitter from the freckled girl days, isn't it?
Post a Comment