Check your vehicles for explosives. Make sure you know where your children are. The karmic debt must be paid. I don't care if it's 5:45 am or not. When you have runners who are trying to stay warm:
on August 16th in Tulsa OK, something is amiss. Eight days in a row of 90 degree or less temps. Lows in the sixties, and another week of the same forecast. I saw a pig picking out a few items in a Sportys catalog. The cool weather certainly made for another fantastic run on Saturday. From Veterans park to Jenks. It strikes me as strange, I always thought of running as something you do in a given place. Not an activity that essentially transports you from one town to another. Now I think of it more as valid transportation. Huh, I think I am becoming more... Kenyan. Course all the cool temperatures, and transcendentalism in the world won't get ya up the hill at Turkey mountain. That requires "shortening your stride and pumping your arms."
This is the rearview mirror view of the trail up turkey mountain. (No one was more surprised I made it than me.)Fun hill we should do that again sometime.
Turns out this is full featured marathon training. Some people claim they don't like to run cuz "it's boring". Hogwash, Saturday we had live entertainment on our run! I give you the Riverside 5000. Me and Bobby had front row seats. It was as if they put on the entire race for our amusement.(I wouldn't blame them, we're worth it in a Nero sort of fashion). The only runners I knew were Mike Millington, and we're pretty sure we saw Hayley, Meg's daughter, legging it out at an impressive pace. Sorry they hadn't posted results as of press time.
Once we passed the race, it was pretty much all over but the cryin'. We managed to finish it out with a good five or ten minutes before the rain hit.
Future news story fishermen: 4, sculler babes: ~sniff snif~ 0, globogymers:scads of em at the tulsa runner race.
2 comments:
Nice report. Will miss your countenance this week. Have fun in the lake state.
Post a Comment