Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley.

Grand idea, add in some biking.  Shop, fret, plan, more shop.  Tada new toy.  Used toy actually, but apparently I'm cheap and cluelessly wise.  Hey why invest when you're not yet sure it'll be your thing. So I give you Rahleigh Grand Sport.  Entry level aluminum frame, carbon forks, STI shifters with sora on back :(.  But more importantly at the moment is we gotta do something bout the pedals and the truly awful seat situation(don't ask me I didn't do it).

Thinking i might go with MTB pedals, yes I heard your sharp scandalized intake of breath back there no need to repeat it a second time.  The idea of having the cleats on the shoes recessed seems like a good idea to me.  I like people to focus on my unerring sense of style, not the whole "hey is a hot chick about to walk around the corner? I hear high heels clacking."  So we'll see when we get to the store, or craigslist whichever comes first.

Oh, and some kit.  I haven't really gotten into the mindset that makes kit such a point of pride, and I have tried, must still be something I'm missing.  Would like to get some with and inflatable cod piece sans White Goodman, or maybe inflatable padding would be more relative, but I don't think anyone would pick up on the irony I'm shooting for.  Just noticed the reflectors, don't worry we can get rid of those before heading to work.

No comments: