Monday, September 17, 2012

Strangled by all the goin

 Wow that hurt.  I mean I like the idea of supporting you LBS, don't spell out your local bike shop cuz that's not how the cool kids do it.  But je....     ....    sus.  See they got this scam going.  If you have ever bought a cycling helmet from wal mart, you know where I am headed.  To look like the illegitimate offspring of a mushroom and a penis, or to not.  Now you're thinkin - you can't put a price on NOT looking like the phallic business end of the guy who won't be there to help with formula, or shoes, or god forbid college.  But ooohhhh contrare, the good folks at Giro certainly fuckin can.  The curve starts at 80 and doesn't get completely safe till Somewhere north of 150.  Anything under that, and you'll be back, as soon as you look into a mirror and recall the movie Spaceballs.  I think I might start a line of bullshit helmets that are worthless as protection but look AWESOME.  Anyway I buy accesories totaling a bit more than the worth of the bike, and still don't have any armadillos.

 I miss an opportunity or two to ride because hey, screw this crap, I'm not missing a run for any of this pussy shit.  I'll tell ya right now, my bar taping job, not bad, but think I'll get another chance to pratice before long.  Finally after all the garbage is attached, (and still without proper kit mind you).  I run into the same sort of thing that gets you with a run.  Go out pre dawn. You're loggin some miles, doin some good, gettin stronger, while the rest of the schmucks are still sackin z's.  Trying unsucessfully to get your head right, cuz lets face it, this just isn't as taxing. When you look around and realize there is a dawn, some fog, and a barn going on.
You were there and they weren't.  Maybe if we find a higher gear, push a little harder, pull out a little more try.

Crappy phone camera you can't see the barn with doors open on both ends silhouetted next to the tree.  I could.  Looked like a girl I used to know.  Get your ass up next time if ya wanna prove me wrong.

No comments: