Sunday, December 21, 2008

bah humbug

Ran 7 miles Saturday. It was a good run and even ducked the worst of the cold for most of it. Though the cold front began to hit around the halfway turnaround @ 15th street. Now that we got that out of the way, lets discuss the pink friggin elephant that's squishing my coffee table. I really like Christmas in theory. However the lady on the phone in the white escalade in front of target is wearing my ule attitude pretty thin. I'm not quite politically active enough to know who makes the zoning planning decisions, but wow they suck. 71st from Memorial to Garnett. Has two miles of street ever contained so many incorrect concepts. Then apparently, Toys-r-us is owned by serial killers. Yeah, that's right serial killers. They have a most unusual "M.O.". They kill through proxy. They put their store in the worst, possible spot. They outfit their store with full size buggies. They work to create a Christmas shopping frenzy that will pack people in. Then the kicker comes. They make their isles 17.5 inches wide. You can't pass, you can't back up, turnaround, or even hiccup. I saw two pregnant ladies pulling out tubs of butter before turning down the little tykes isle. The line doesn't start at the registers it starts at the front door. Ya better buy it the first time you pass it cuz there will be no going back! There is no possible way for a person to enter, shop, check out, and leave, without the taking of an innocent human life becoming a perfectly reasonable suggestion. If you have been there then you are now a manchurian candidate. Stay tuned for our next installment when we will discuss "Right on Red, not just for dinner parties."

3 comments:

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

dood, you are just pretty damn funny. you need a side job at the paper or something. but keep this up. i rely on you for entertainment.

Christal Pellerin said...

OMG, I really hate this time of year. I'm thankful for all I have and blah, blah, blah. But yeah, I totally agree.

Bah Humbug to you too Ed :)

Hope you have a great holiday anyway.

Christal :)

Bobby said...

I love to shop - not!!!