Sunday, September 7, 2008

No, it wasn't the am pm switch mon.

Slept in today. My bedspread, maybe it's a duvet I dunno, has light brown, and dark brown, some spots that look kinda like leopard but not really, even some gold. It does a fantastic job. The sheets are beige. I went shopping for them special. They're right, if you're going to splurge on anything in this world, high thread count sheets are the thing to buy. They feel so good on your skin, that cool touch where they have soaked up the AC. Warm on the parts of your body that hears the patter of rain drops outside. Smooth on the nekkid parts. Fluffy new pillow that just makes ya want to stretch your back, yawn, and sleep a little more. Maybe make a coffee call. (That's like a booty call, but at 9:30 am, and of course the object being to get someone else to fire up the coffee maker.) I like one cream and about six spenda's. Should probably mention I didn't intend to sleep in. I just didn't set the alarm. Hopped into bed woke up thinking something is not right. Guess what time. 5:45 on the dot. Makes me sick. Eddie has more self punishment coming Sunday than that albino guy in the Tom Hanks movie. That's assuming the crazy allergies that started today will let me run.

On a side note. Let me start by saying this has been traumatic but I think it is time I learn to talk about it. The last time I was out of town my troublesome spare phone book disappeared from the front porch. Where it went I do not know. I know I said I didn't want it. I perhaps indicated no one in their right mind would want it. But since then... I don't know, I guess I have missed it's reassuring, daisy colored eagerness to never let me be without a number for carpet steam cleaning service. It's not like the book itself did any thing wrong. That at least was my feeling when I came home from work and...


Those dirty SOB's did it again! Ya see what I mean now. Less than a month has gone by. I hadn't even picked up the last phone book. Now some dirty, mangy, egg suckin dog of a person is sneakin round, probably under the cover of darkness, tossing more refined yellow trees on my porch. Yellow, and not a nice yellow. A bright harsh school bussy yellow. Ya would think they woulda gone with baby blue, that would have made a little sense at least. Somewhere out there is a person I have offended in some way and they are attempting to exact revenge with tel.... NEWMAN! I have a Newman in the phone company. Maniacal I tell ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your still alive. missed your coolness saturday morning. I know what you mean about that phonebook. when I seen the guy putting them on the doorsteps I felt like running after him and making him take it back. I guess everyone has a newman yours is with the phonebook and mine is none other than your running partner (Bobby) who does silly things to drive me crazy LOL. I am addicted (Yes Dave I said addicted) to watching Seinfeld every night.

T Z said...

Bummer that you weren't there. I was so looking forward to seeing the Mark III

Bobby said...

I was late for work one day about 20 years ago. The electricity had gone out so the alarm clock didn't go off. The boss said "get a wind up clock". Ed, "get a wind up clock". Missed you. Had great weather and a great run. See you out next time.

simulatedme said...

Sad part is, I didn't set the alarm cuz I was tired from staying up workin on the mark III