Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Call the Myth busters

Rapidly becoming quite the fan of September. Running is quite a bit easier, just like everyone said it would be. However in my normal contrarian vein, I have to wonder, if we're this tough now, imagine how tough we would be if we had had one more month of running in the serious heat. Did six miles tonight. 1.5 with the sister, 2.5 with Bobby, and 2 on my own. Trying to get a bit ahead of the game as I am going on the road for the rest of the week. I have to head to L.A. (Lower Alabama). I tend to be quite proud of the way I keep up my running while traveling on business. I am not so proud of the way I let myself start the lolligagging on those runs. These issues conspire to make me worry about the upcoming 18 mile run. Well stay tuned and I'll fes up the truth. So a good run, nice temps, strong legs, sure enough the Karmic other foot is on its way. I pull into the house. No sooner do I crack the door of the truck then I can feel the evil intent on the air. I step from the vehicle trying to control the wayward shoulder straps of gymbag and laptop both. The head swivels in search of the resident evil that is felt in the hairs on my neck rather than seen. Slowly cross from the truck to the building knowing the not rightness is growing stronger and closer. Then I spot it. Yes I know you have seen the phone book before, (oh ahh now it's rained on) but look closer. There to the left of the phone book. Do you see what they have done... The dirty rat fink @#$ #$ & @#$%!#@ left another phone book!!! With the last one still there. Three! Three phonebooks in the space of 3 months, maybe less. I think they have found the blog. They heard me complain about the phone books and now they are tauntin me! Gonna have to se a trap. Maybe a snare, or a tiger pit with some of those sharpeded sticks like in the movies

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Great running Ed. Too bad the phone books aren't pink or periwinkle.

Susan Michaels said...

Oh lord if they hit you again with those phonebooks that means they are headed my way. I must be on the lookout so I can make them take it back. I will retaliate for all of us LOL.

T Z said...

Sounds like the makings of a horror movie!