7 hours ago
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Buffalo Temptress
Greeting from L.A.! Well I thought I was so clever with that joke. Apparently the people who actally live in Lower Alabama use the joke as well. So some cities are runner friendly and some are not. Dothan Alabama is friendly to a point. Near as I've been able to ascertain they have precisely one good place to run. Westgate park. It's an improved trail I guess you'd call it. Marked and built up to drain in certain places.

It's a 3.2 mile loop so if ya want more than a 5k ya gotta do laps. I don't like laps. But I do like Buffalo wings. So with divided attention I have been running way too short. See I like Buffalo wing alot, almost as much as pie. Now down here in the south they have the most wonderful place. Zaxby's. What ya do is ya go in ask for some wings. They'll say what flavor, you'll say I want the hottest you got, and you can tell the cook I said he was a big sissy. (I usually say this once in every wing joint just to see what they are made of.) Now ya gotta be careful cause if ya touch the sauce to the outside of your mouth, it will burn for the rest of the day, not to mention it will make a red ring around your lips for like 4 hours, it looks funny to everyone at work sure, but you don't care cause you're still whining about the burn. I shoulda mentioned, when ordering you're gonna wanna get some bread. Texas toast or something, cuz there will be a line at the counter if ya wait until you're desparate. Now I'm talking flippantly, but seriously this is the only wings place that has ever made me say "uncle". I left two wings on my plate the first time cuz I couldn't take it anymore. Don't try this unless you know what you're doing. Anyway, I've been there twice already and I am thinking about more for breakfast. Guess instead I should be out looking for a nice quiet piece of highway with shoulder or something, cuz I can't run my 18 in laps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So you don't like laps. Then you missed out on some unfun Saturday. We did 3 six mile loops.
Wish you could bring back some of those wings. Don't get third degree burns.
Missed you Saturday.
Ok dude. Next time we all go out for food after a run, we're getting hotwings. I am not sure if I missed it....did you manage to get your run in?
Hot wings yuck. I don't see how anyone could eat that. missed the other half of the dynamic duo team Saturday. Bobby sure could have used you there. Hopefully you will have his back on the next long run.
"Dynamic Duo". I like the sound of that.
I love hot wings - preferably boneless!! I like mine to have a little kick, but I'm not out to give myself a heart attack or anything. And I like to keep my taste buds intact...
Good luck on your 18 miles!
Post a Comment