Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm G cuz I'm bout the Benjamins

Well life at the fantasy factory is becoming quite interesting. Supposedly we all get raises tomorrow. Don't know as I'm buying that. I suspect we're all getting demoted but keeping the same pay, thereby getting a raise in the more relative of senses. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

It's Thursday night, so this stoopid piece of coffee stained paper says I gotta run. The full marathon version of the paper says 5 to 6 miles. My half marathon paper says 3 to 4. So why did I run 6 miles? The "What was I thinkin" song, it's not just about marriage anymore. Up to here...



it wasn't so bad.

Except for havin a bunch of smart mouthed malcontent, ne'er do wells, and scoflaws like, well like these guys here, behind ya.


You just know they're staring at your keister the whole time. Some of 'em passed me up eventually though, musta thought they could trade up.

What I like least about Thursday night, leers aside. Is a portion or two of the run from the store to the river. In particular this unshaded portion of the route.


I don't know if anyone but me considers this the hottest of the unshady parts But I'm not happy about this intersection and am seriously considering some night time ninja tree planting activity.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Ed, I agree with you about that shadeless intersection. Seems like running on the sun. And what's up with that smell just south of I-44.
I am usually behind Ken or Deon about then and am wondering what they had for lunch.