Don't know why but I usually have a hard time with the thursday night trainig run, but this was a pretty good one. It was too hot but with proper application of the runners strategy of run from shade to shade I felt good if not strong. River park mileage down for the day: 5 miles. After the run however is when the real fun started. After experiencing some painful runs in the foot type area, I took the change bucket to the coinstar machine and low and behold we had enough for... cue choir with the aria bridge... cue lights... cue radio annoucer voice...

...that's right folks real running shoes. Asics 1130's. They feel better than my pillow top mattress. They feel better than the Illinois river and a beer from the bottom of the cooler at the same time. They feel better than the pokes beating the sooner... well lets not get carried away. Anyway I can't wait for Satuday's long run to see how they work out. Coach Cathy made the absolute guarantee that I would be able to run 9 miles at a sub 9:00 average.:)
3 comments:
Sweet shoes!!! So, which half-marathon are you training for? I started to train for the Tulsa Run, but I've been bad about that...very bad. Awful, even.
I'm training for the Route 66. You can still make it. Plenty of time. I know a good Tulsa Run training group that goes out a cool breezy 6:45 on Sat Mornings from Veterans Park
Glad you shed those bald tires for some sleek steel belted radials. Great shoes help make great runners.
Post a Comment