Only its not Spanish, it's Portuguese. Apparently "Americanos" are more entertaining when every third word means something completely different from what we think it means.
But even though Sao Paulo is about the South American version of Pittsburg. They have one thing completely figured out. When it's cold here, it's warm down there. This idea being somewhere between fabulous and transcendant is something I think more think more contries should adopt. Ranks right up there with passenger train mass transit and roundabouts. Understand that will never make up for using cream cheese on pizzas and calizones, but at least they're thinkin outside the box. While this country has a serious poverty problem, they did manage to keep us in a nice part of town:
Now the traffic was insane on the streets, and using the sidewalk wasn't a complete impossibility. However after you've been there awhile you discover that on Sundays there are no cars on the road. I mean none. I dunno why. I'm assuming some sort of 24 hour rice and bean induced malnutritive coma. But hey whatever it is suddenly a decent run just might be possible. So after a quick stop by google maps, (don't judge me) I head out along alameda rio negro
Tryin to picture this when I see riverside for the next two months.
4 comments:
Nice buncha pix, but no thanks for the malicious taunting with tales of warm temps and such!
Can I go with ya next time? My Brazilian family is begging me to go.
You're too funny to go so long between posts. Catch up!
My dad brought back some brazillian rum on his last trip. Good stuff!
I can't believe you actually blogged!! I was seriously jealous for just a minute and then I remembered that I get to go to Florida in a week and a half to run (no work involved)!!
Post a Comment