So I'm almost caught up with marathon training. Mostly due to the fact that I decided to just go run one. So it must be time to sabotage some effort. Well right you are. Days off work tend to put me in just such a state of mind. Enter the yager and a friday night that seems to get late at a frightening pace. With every shot the thought of Saturdays impending run becomes funnier and funnier. The fact that I'm not in bed yet never seems funny though. That thought seems to stay fairly and consistently ominous. Strange how that works. I remember thinking, drink alot of water. Then it is 6:15 am and this is what I see:

So being early and 30 some odd degrees, I get way overdressed and go do this running thing again fully expecting to pay back a whole lot of kharma. No one however is more surprised than me that it goes quite well. No hangover. Not tired. Too the contrary the legs feel strong. Now don't get me wrong it wasn't all fun and games. This vista was quite serene the first time round. The second time... well nature got a little help from the hotties in the background.

The third and fourth time around though Eddie got a bit tougher to impress. Clocking the "easiest" 20 miles of the running career however made even running laps bearable. I think the only way to improve on this run is to maybe cut back on the black clothes on sunny days. I do believe I am ready for OKC.
Miles for the week -30
Globo Gymers - 2 bakers dozens (which I greeted cheerfully with lots of encouragement and support. surely they won't find it condescending(

No reason really, just one of the things that are
almost as cute as I am.
3 comments:
You sure you weren't just numb on your run?
Nice report, Rock Star. Oh, BTW, I made ya famous over on my blog again! HAHA
AHEM!!!!
Does this still work???
Post a Comment