Thursday, July 1, 2010

Muh solar array done blowed up

Okay so we're all in agreement that it's been to long since we done one of these marathon thingies. Well we should probably do another one. Problem is that's gonna require some training. Well ur in luck. Just so happens we got just the thing. Bunch of weirdos call themselves the "Soler Powered Runners", yeah I know apparently one of 'em must be in to puns. So they go out and run, in particular and as is relevant here, on Saturday mornins.

You can see a few of em here, standin round jaw jackin and decidedly not runnin. We got Jason and the Argonauts, Ray the streak Stevens, MarsBar Marla, Double Dippin Deborah and of course the one I forgot cuz I haven't made up one of my stupid memory mneumonics for her. But I promise they got some miles in, eight I think(maybe less seems like one of em wanted to cut a bit short with a quarter left, what a slacker).




I know they ran cuz they were all still around when I spotted a new rooftop. Are all runners as greedy for a change of scenery as me?? Some want water stops, gotta say I would rather have something interesting to look at.

Anyway we bucked the trend during last Saturdays attempt at beating concrete into submission with thin rubber truncheons attached to our feet. In an intermediate group you always get this little instruction from Tatur Dave that says, "for those of you that have to go xx, tack on two more miles by running south on the trail to the pedestrian and back at the end." Posh, tired of it not gonna have it. Just as this thought was going through my head, Double Dippin Deborah, in all her Derring Do, got to the second thought quicker than I. "Should we get the extra two by runnin into downtown and back?" Abso freakin lutely. Course it would seem she didn't go out before hand and put out a water stop. We're gonna have to talk with her bout that. But this did mean we didn't have to get to the finish line and go again. And we got to see something different. In my book, good run. Better yet, it didn't seem to hurt any of my ducks to badly. That's that I gotta go see how many miles we should 'tack on' next week.

1 comment:

MarsBar said...

You mentioned your blog on the run this morning, so I decided to check it out. Not bad, dude.