So McGinnis's old lady (sorry Lisa, comes with the "Idos")facebooks me and asks me something and the convo turns to running and weekends. I says to my brilliant self, self go see when TZ's race is. I pull up the trusty Runners World race calendar, hmmm McMurtry, McMurtry... ah, last day of the month, Saturday.. Hey this is the last whole week in March(only thing I was sure of) that's, this Saturday. Crap I fly in Fri and gotta be in Stillwater Saturday morning! So without looking a bit closer or attending my remedial calendar reading class. I just start planning on flying in Friday and heading out Saturday morning. Man's gotta keep his commitments and I said I would volunteer. Lovely Saturday morning for a drive it was today. I bundled many layers and went out to find: rain sleet hail and snow. All falling at the same time. But TZ is the solid sort (or will be next weekend )... ...(on the bloody 4th)... ...(of April)... so I won't let him down. I head out. Leaving QT with todays single cup of bright spot, I hear thunder! Yeah, "thunder snow". This is a little weird, even for Oklahoma. The drizzle ice slowed me to 50 mph out to about keystone. Then it stopped. The wind stopped. It was cloudy but otherwise it might have been a salvageable running day! On to Stillwater. So I drive dirt roads round lake McMurtry looking for racers who aren't for about an hour and... nine minutes, before I break down and start making phone calls to find out just how big an idiot I am. Careful don't laugh, I train your pilots. Yeah, not so freakin funny now is it! Anyway turns out, pretty big. I sigh, a couple times. Then we turn around and head for the highway. The real snow hits right about the time I find out TZ is sitting in BBDs. Nice! Long story short, or not, Stillwater to Broken arrow at 25 to 30 mph takes just a smidge over 3 hours.
For those who are into the whole acurate information sort of thing find accurate race info here
Lake McMurtry Trail Run
Oh yeah Thurs I ran 4 miles in beautiful sunshiny 75 degree orlando under spanish moss draped oaks and palm trees. But I am no longer in any mood to gloat about that.
7 hours ago
5 comments:
Now that's just too funny. Sorry you had to waste some of that precious fossil fuel.
Oh, that sucks big time, Rock Star.
At least we get to see how dedicated you are to your commitements...bravo on the follow through.
Hey Ed,
McMurtry is in two days. Really this time. Hope to see you there.
Dont worry Ed. You still have a week until McMurtry. It is April 11. Bobby is WAY off.
Post a Comment